20 January 2015

Two Minute's Worth of Thought, A Year's Worth of Learning

I came home from camp this weekend so thankful--for all that I have, where I am, and for just how much He loves me. I've been so wrapped up in who I am, what I've done, where I've been, and where I'm going, but no matter how much I think about, pamper, and live for, myself, it will  never make me happy. It has taken me so long to really truly understand the meaning and the importance of humility. It really is thinking less about yourself...not thinking bad about yourself or beating yourself up, but rather being content where God has placed you and thinking constantly about how you can serve other people.
This weekend taught me a lot about that. I've become so insecure and timid lately, and while I think about being confident and adventurous, really ready to take on the hard stuff, I shrink away when the opportunities are presented to me. It might seem juvenile to you, but it's a struggle I face every day.
But I don't need to be afraid, I don't need to be alone, because He is always there, and if He is always there, what do I have to worry about?
Nothing.
Nothing.
I have a quote written on the inside cover of my Bible that says "Don't ask God to use you if you're not willing to move your feet."
It's taken me a long time,
but I'm willing.

No comments: