"their life shall be like a watered garden, and they shall languish no more"
14 September 2012
The Lightener of my Darkness
With the merciful You show Yourself merciful; with the blameless man You show Yourself blameless; with the purified You show Yourself pure; and with the crooked You make Yourself seem tortuous. For You save a humble people, but the haughty eyes You bring down. For it is You who light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness. For by You I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall. This God–His way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him. -Psalm 18:25-30
God’s way is perfect. Think about this – really stop and think now. If His way is perfect, and we are walking in His ways, and we are called by His name, then nothing that happens in our lives is without a purpose. All those things that we deem as worthless and time-consuming or harmful to us really are working out for our good then. It goes back to that verse, Romans 8:28, that says “All things work together for good to them that love God and who are called according to His purpose.” All these many pains, if we seek God’s face and cling to Him, will really in the end work out for our good and for His glory. For remember, He says, “…I know the plans I have for you…plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you, declares the Lord…” [Jeremiah 29:11-14]
He loves us, He truly does.