26 September 2012

A Startling Revelation

It starts to dawn upon my mind and bloom upon my heart the mystery that this really is. The expansiveness of what I call my God. I look up at the stars at night and I see the moonlight pouring into both my room and my heart and I can only breathe. Because He loves me. In a universe so big, in a world with so many people, His eyes fix on me, and He bends His head to hear my cries. Oh that a wretch like I should be such blessed. And in every pain of life and every little joy grace abounds. For shall we take the good gifts from the Father's hand and refuse the things that fill us with pain? The things that fill us with pain and scar our hearts and hands are quite often the most important things our lives could ever hold. I know, that without those things, I would be so much more dirty, so much farther away from my Savior than I ever was before.