14 April 2012

Brush of A Kiss

I paused as I reached the crest of the hill. The breeze was whistling in the trees and the green carpet under my feet was swaying in the wind. I watched as the birds flew overhead, and I heard their happy love songs in the distance. The breeze held my face in its hands and kissed my lips; and stealing my words, it then walked away and left me standing there. I didn't know what to do- I didn't know why I was standing there; but I couldn't move. The pages of my memories flipped past as the wind turned the pages, and I let them all slip away; all the love, all the mistakes, all the weakness. Raising my hand to the wind, I opened my hand and my heart and let them fly away.
I told myself that to move on I had to let go of the pain, and the promises, and the dreams. It was time to live in reality; it was time to live- instead of just dreaming of living. For if I couldn't die for anything, I wondered why I was alive.