29 September 2011

The Sound, the Melody of Fall

The wind is whispering love songs though the falling leaves tonight. the sun in sinking lower sooner- the shadows filter repose.

My rose lips embrace a smile-there's a quiet beauty in the silence. The bluebirds woo my heart, but the sparrows are remaining silent. The honey brown-stained porch swing just relaxing in the sunset light. Sunflowers swaying gently in the breeze.

The symphony of nature in the breezes and the trees. The quiet falling of the sunset-dyed leaves. Crinkly under foot. little prickles in my lungs by the brisk night air. Wandering through the cornfields- down the long, long rows of solid gold.

The smell, fragrance, of cooking pumpkin pies- of jack-'o-lanterns and dewy cobwebs in the early morning light. Of the roasting turkey and the dressing. Of family and of laughter.

My hazel eyes are sparkling tonight. Dreaming of all the times we've had or missed. I'll plait my hair with the year's last yellow rose. I'll jump in the crunchy leaves like a little girl and intoxicate myself in a peppermint wind.
And I won't let it be broken by the sound of your goodbye. Nor will the sweet smile fade from upon my lips.

Hot tea in the morning- bright and early- a steaming mocha in my hand tonight. Curled up on the love-seat- dreaming of days gone by. 

I'll not worry 'bout the morrow, or make my heart anxious about tonight. I'll just sit here absorbing the silence. my clear voice will sing out Your praises, because my life is Yours. Your sweet jealous possession of my heart, Your bride, is all I could ever want- forever or tonight.