"their life shall be like a watered garden, and they shall languish no more"
23 August 2012
The Stirring of this Summer Wind
No one can do the things that God does; within His hand and His love are mercies overflowing. He never has forced His love upon human hearts, and He never will; salvation was given as a gift, and it will always stay a gift. There are times when my heart is not satisfied with the life that I’m living; it’s not satisfied with the house I live in, or the clothes I wear, or the place that I’m in; but, you see, those are all material things – I’m not focused on His face, and His love. All these good things He’s given me – all these beautiful moments and secret joys; all these still twilights and robin’s songs. And then I think – it flashed across my mind’s eye like lightning – like the gentle, cool stirring of this summer wind, of the grace and love He has so richly lavished upon me; of this peace and joy, like a tiny plant, emerging from the soil of my heart. His arms carry me when my legs are too weak to stand; His body shields me when the storms rage around me. I’m so thankful; how can I not be happy?